City Driving Opportunities - Local Driving - A001
Hiring Locations: East of the I-35 & All of TX
Available Shifts: Varies
Home-Time: Daily Time at Home
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Bonuses/Vacation
Pay: Varies based on account/position; From $25,000 - $70,000/Year based on experience.
Sign-On-Bonus: Usually None, Sometimes Up to $1,500
These local positions are with one of the largest and most reputable carriers in the nation - you can expect reliability with pay, home-time, and a great work environment! You will be proud to work with such a great stable company! Positions are available East of the I-35, however these local positions are open on an intermittent basis and are some of the hardest to qualify for in the country! Your residence location will determine the current availability of many of these positions. The accounts vary from hauling portable totes to dedicated customer accounts, and many more! Home-time will always be every day with some select positions being every 2 days. Pay varies from account-to-account, however experience is a large determining factor in your starting salary and/or rate per mile.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Deliver goods while operating a tractor-trailer truck, sometimes over inter-city routes or spanning several states.
- Record deliveries and driving via e-logs, etc.
- Drive long distances.
- Willing to wear uniform.
- Fill up on fuel, clean truck, and do routine pre-trip inspections.
- Report to dispatchers and record any incidents.
- Follow all applicable traffic laws.
- Transport hazardous materials - This depends on the account. We have non-Hazmat and Hazmat dedicated accounts available.
- Multi-Stop Loads
- Loading/Unloading Freight - This depends on the account, however we have many dedicated opportunities that DO NOT require unloading of freight. Please discuss with your recruiter.
- Take rest periods as required during trips.
- Report mechanical problems to the appropriate personnel.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
The following are required for all local positions:
- A high-school education, GED, or equivalent is preferred.
- Valid Class-A Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- 4 Months of Full-Time Verifiable Experience within the Last 3 Years OR 1 Year of Full-Time Verifiable Experience within the Last 5 Years
- Ability to pass a pre-hire physical & drug screen.
If you're looking for a new challenging and exciting opportunity to get your foot into the transportation and logistics industry, look no further! Apply now and be considered for the position immediately with a quick response and even quicker hiring process! Apply now to expedite the process, or call us at 314-610-3280 for more information!